Hello! Welcome to the Rocky Butte Guitar Slide Company's new Blog! It's been a year since we opened our doors, a year of new customers, new friends, new stores and new products. Starting out last year, our intention was (and still is) to make the best guitar slides we can, continually improving our work while developing slides based on our customer's experience. Well, after a year of this, it's safe to say we have learned far more about what makes a slide 'good' than we expected. We're happy to report the future is bright with choices to 'fine tune' a custom glass guitar slide.
This blog's current concept is to share useful insights we've gained by listening/learning from our customer's feedback and the experience we've gained as we've grown. There were surprises here, and it's all good...
Some of the subjects we'll discuss are listed below. Some are notes on discoveries made in the marketplace, when a musician asks a question and hears, "I don't know, but I'll find out..." ; some are answers to questions like, " ...is that normal?"; some are about our history: When and How and WHY we got into this business; and some are about the future- how to buy a better slide.
We believe asking customers what they need is the best way to provide what they want. Ever conscious of how it might be 'better', we stand up and say, "Custom IS the New Standard". If you're unaccustomed to custom, read on. It will be a subject here in days to come.
And we expect to lace the blog with current events, product news, updates on the website and product availability, and occasional humor, so don't be shy about showing up to read our stuff. We welcome your thoughts and suggestions, comments, etc.
Upcoming Blog Titles
- Sure, the Blues can be 'heavy', but blue glass? How much does a color weigh?
- Two ring sizes for every slide and why might they differ?
- Your borosilicate guitar slides and a few tips to keep them happy for a looooong time
- Unaccustomed to Custom? The Generic Custom Slide
- My custom slide's ring sizes are the smallest offered for my color and range. Can I firm up the fit?
- Why did Rocky Butte Guitar Slides open, and what's our experience with (boro) glass slides?
- Between the knuckles: a super-short slide can 'drop in' riffs while chording (video)
- What if I want a slide(s) made just for me? or branded for my Band? or my Label? or my Store?
- A Short Survey about you, our Customer; with an appreciation 'Thank You' Coupon
- Feedback from our Customers
- The voices of experience (podcast)
- Slip-slidin' away;... out of stock and what to do...
The photos were taken when our first big shipment of glass and supplies arrived. It's funny, we were so excited to get this stuff we hadn't planned on where to put them!
Thanks for your interest,
Bill Larson, Owner/Manager